-->

Navigation

11 January 2013

Top Trends Of 2012

This year has been pretty hectic for me so far, and I apologise for letting my blog suffer for it a little bit, but things, including my posting frequency, should go back to normal by the end of January. Now, 2012 was a great year for fashion. For me it's the first year I've been properly integrated into the fashionverse, through starting this blog. This post is a little reminder of some of my favourite popular trends of the year!

1. Studs & Spikes
Images: Frankie Morello A/W 2012 / Quiz
Adding a little bit of edgy detail to an outfit really took off last year. I've mentioned in previous posts how much I love studs and spikes, so I kind of hope this is a trend that sticks around for a while longer!

2. Baroque
Images: Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2012 Runway
Baroque print was a very popular choice for adding some sophisticated glamour to clothing both on the runway and in highstreet shops. I love it on dresses, it just adds a very royal, elegant touch.

3. Military
Images: Burberry Prorsum Fall 2012 Runway
I've previously dedicated an entire post to this trend, which should speak volumes about how much I adore it. Camouflage print, khaki and combat boots were all in trend in 2012, and can add a bit of kickass chic to an outfit.

4. Oxblood
Images: Nina Ricci Fall 2012 Runway, Christian Siriano Fall 2012 Runway
This dark red hue was THE colour of autumn 2012. I particularly remember there being a lot of love for Alexa Chung's head-to-toe oxblood look. This colour is classy, suits a lot of different skintones, and happens to goes well with pretty much every other trend on this list.

5. Black Leather
Images: Valentino Fall 2012 Runway / Topshop
Leather has never really been out of style but in 2012 it was cropping up everywhere you can think of - including on shorts, on the sleeves of military-style jackets, and in the form of leather-look jeans. This is a really great trend because it goes with almost anything!

Are there any fashion trends of 2012 you loved that I've missed? What were your favourites?
Let's hope that this year will hold some exciting new fashion trends too.

20 comments:

  1. Oxblood and leathers are definitely my favorite trend. I'm not exactly a big fan of the baroque though. I find it rather too much for literally going anywhere, except the runway. But all in all I love the trends in 2012, nothing tacky or off-putting!

    Nadya
    The Dilly Chic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see what you mean, I think it's probably not an everyday trend but it's still pretty gorgeous to look at.
      I agree about the lack of tackiness last year - but who knows, maybe in a couple of years time we'll look back and say "what were we thinking?!", fashion being the fickle mistress it is!

      Delete
  2. Studs and spikes would probably be my favorite! Second would be baroque, I just love how classy it looks, too bad I don't have enough of it in my closet!

    xx
    http://garfunkelatmidnight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally, I can't get enough of studs right now!

      Delete
  3. You got like pretty much all of the things that were hot this year. Love the post!

    http://five-dimes-for-9-lives.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite trends were the studs and spikes, oxblood and baroque <3


    Fashionably Sparkly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Studs and spikes are definitely my favourite! Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  5. military and leather were definitely at the top of my list.

    www.novelave.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all these a/w trends... studs was definitely the most fierce!

    What about the mullet skirts in the summer? I hope they make an appearance in s/s 13!

    --

    E x
    http://fashionontheline.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally obsessed with studs.
      I hope so, I won a gorgeous topshop skirt on ebay and I need an excuse to wear it!

      Delete
  7. I love oxblood atm, its definitely my favourite trend a/w trend :)

    I like you blog too, keep up the work xxxx

    http://golden-closet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this valuable information with us.

    ReplyDelete

  9. Thanks for sharing this amazing and informative post. keep sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...