banner credit: pattern
I came across an interesting website the other day, which I'd previously never heard anything about. I've looked around and there doesn't seem to be that much information about it, so I thought I'd try it out and write a bit about it myself. The website is called Wanelo, the name being a combination of want, need and love.
When I first visited the site, I thought that it seemed similar to Pinterest, and there are a few similarities between the two:
- You "save" products to "collections", which are similar to "boards" on Pinterest.
- You can follow other users and the products that they've "saved" will appear in your feed.
- There is a Wanelo bookmarklet, much like Pinterest (and masses of other websites).
- It's fair to say that the grid layout of the website is pretty similar to Pinterest.
However, there are a lot of features which make it a unique and handy website:
- The main difference is that Wanelo is not about pictures - it's about products that you are able to buy.
- Wanelo only has 6 categories - women's fashion, men's fashion, home, kids, entertainment and tech.
- You can follow stores, and you can follow hashtags (all watches, all necklaces, everything tagged with "geek", etc.)
- Along with the "save" button is a "buy" button which leads to where you can buy the item from - many times if you find a product Pinterest, a link to where you can buy it from is often absent, so this is very useful.
- You can't post the same item URL as someone else. This is handy, considering the amount of multiple pins there are for items on Pinterest!
All in all, I think this site is pretty snazzy. I recommend you take a look around the site, give it a try, and see if you like it. It's good for finding lesser known stores (or if you yourself own a store) and there are a lot of cool and quirky products to browse.
Let me know what you think of it in the comments if you give it a try, and feel free to follow my feed if you want.